Monday, March 29, 2010

The calm



It wasn't until today that I noticed that there is only 5 weeks left of the semester, and then a week of reviews following. Putting it into the context of how many more projects I have, my to do list goes a little like this....

Character Development: An open character design project, be it a composed poster (think Drew Struzan) or perhaps a pitch bible... I still have yet to decide on what I'd like to do

Design Concepts II: Making a PUPPET!!!

Creative Perspective: Finishing a value study of our 3 point environment, and then a curvilinear project.

Illustration Techniques II: A triptych based on a song we've selected (I've picked "Magnetized" by Laura Veirs) and then a "ghost story" editorial piece during the last two weeks of the semester.

When I write it all out, it doesn't seem too bad. I know I won't be feeling the same way in a few weeks from now. One thing I do need to take care of is that my ID card cracked the other day, thus demagnetizing it and rendering me unable to open the door to my dorms staircase, or our dorms front door... :(

Last night I started doing a self portrait study from a mirror and after putting an hours worth of work into my shower and turning on the water... I really just can't do self portraits. I do however, realize that they're really important as an artist... and also they're something I'd like to have when I'm older. I mean, if Frida Kahlo and Rembrandt can do it, so can I! Plus, being constantly inspired by Cecelia Beaux's self portrait at the Medici gallery is exceptionally inspiring. I decided I'll do something a little more conceptual, and also not do it from a mirror or shoddy photograph. Lets see how this pans out

No comments: